Warm Blueberry Peach Breakfast Cobbler
June 16, 2014
4 large ripe peaches
1 cup blueberries
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 – 1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt.
1/2 stick butter
1/3 cup buttermilk.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel the peaches by putting them into boiling water for 10 seconds, then running them under cool water. The skins should slip right off.
- Slice the peaches into a glass or ceramic pie plate.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the fruit and toss with the sugar and cornstarch. Toss the berries on top.
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cut in the butter using a pastry blender or two knives, until the butter is the size of peas.
- Gently stir in the buttermilk.
- Cover the fruit, loosely, with the wet dough. Don't worry if it doesn’t completely cover; it will spread in the oven.
- Bake for half an hour, until the top is craggy and golden.
Serve warm with a pitcher of cold cream.
Categorised in: Uncategorized
Step #6 should be “Cut in the butter” instead of “Cut in the sugar.” Those editing instincts just never go away.
ZinDc Thanks! How did I miss that? I’m very grateful.
Ruth if am not wrong you are the same lady, who vists to commander restro in new rochelle.
Not me, Rahul. It’s been at least thirty years since I’ve been in New Rochelle.