June 16, 2014
4 large ripe peaches
1 cup blueberries
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 – 1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt.
1/2 stick butter
1/3 cup buttermilk.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel the peaches by putting them into boiling water for 10 seconds, then running them under cool water. The skins should slip right off.
- Slice the peaches into a glass or ceramic pie plate.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the fruit and toss with the sugar and cornstarch. Toss the berries on top.
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cut in the butter using a pastry blender or two knives, until the butter is the size of peas.
- Gently stir in the buttermilk.
- Cover the fruit, loosely, with the wet dough. Don't worry if it doesn’t completely cover; it will spread in the oven.
- Bake for half an hour, until the top is craggy and golden.
Serve warm with a pitcher of cold cream.
Categorised in: Uncategorized