May 17, 2010
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses or brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, if you want
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Bring orange juice to a boil, pour over oats and set aside.
Cream butter with sugar. Add molasses. Stir in eggs and vanilla.
Mix dry ingredients, then add to butter alternately with oats. Add orange rind and nuts.
Bake in large greased baking pan (13 by 9 inches) for 40 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes, then spread with the following topping.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- grated rind of one orange
- 1 cup dried sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
Mix first 4 ingredients in a small pot and bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring. Add coconut and nuts, spread on cake and put under broiler for one minute.recipes
Categorised in: Uncategorized