Pink Eggs for a Hot Day
June 12, 2017
Before you begin, steaming is the best way to hard-boil new-laid eggs. Directions are here.
Pink Deviled Eggs
6 eggs, hard-boiled and shelled
1 jar pickled beet juice, or if you can’t find it pickled, you can use a bottle of plain beet juice, enough to cover the eggs.
1 teaspoon mustard
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ teaspoon sea salt
a few grinds of freshly ground pepper
2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
1. Put the eggs into a pot of cold water and bring to a boil.
2. After boiling for 30 seconds, remove the pot from the stove and let the eggs sit for 15 minutes in the hot water.
3. Run the eggs under cold water and carefully peel the shells.
4. Arrange the eggs in a bowl just large enough to accommodate them and pour in enough beet juice to cover. If there is not enough juice, add a little water.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 18 hours.
6. Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and scoop out the yolk.
7. Combine the yolk with mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and Sriracha sauce.
8. Fill the eggs with about 1 teaspoon each of the yolk mixture.
9. Top with fresh dill or pea shoot leaves (or a triangle of sweet pickle, a bit of red chile……)
Categorised in: Uncategorized